Monday, May 7, 2007

Prayer Request

My best friend in the world just went into the hospital for congestive heart failure.

You guys know him, too, sort of. He goes by TekPhreak and I occasionally show his more oddball podcasts and he also comments once in a while.

Tek and I have known each other since we were 9-years-old. That's back in 1980. We grew up together, laughed together, cried together. I branded him on his arm once playing with my backyard firepit and a broken hoe. We shot tennis balls out of soup cans duct taped together in that same back yard, from that same firepit. Flaming tennis balls. Launched over the fence, across the street, over the neighbor's house, past the canal, and into the scrub woods.

We had good times, and bad times. But we survived it all with our friendship stronger than anything I've ever known.

He is married to a great lady and has a good life with her. I know she is under a lot of stress and tension right now as she copes with her husband's serious and sudden ailment.

Please keep Tek and his wife in your thoughts and prayers as he undergoes several tests, including a heart cath over the next few days. I know they will appreciate it.

Raivynn

No comments: