Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Movie Trailer: Punch-Out!!

Little Mac is back!
The Sandman is going down!
Uppercut now, Mac!


This was Team Awesome's entry in the Nintendo Short Cuts Showcase Contest.

It's not as polished as the winners, or runner-ups, showcased on the Nintendo site, but I loved it all the same.

Punch-out!! (and it's successor, Super Punch-Out!!) was one of my favorite NES titles.

I didn't own the game myself, but a neighbor boy did. When I went over to play with he and his sister, invariably we'd get into a Punch-Out!! match. I was pretty good, but Sandman was always tough for me to beat.

This faux movie trailer brought back all those fun memories of virtually bludgeoning Don Flamenco, King Hippo, and the other racially stereotypical digital boxers into oblivion.

Ah, those were the good old days.

No comments: