Monday, July 2, 2007

Tagged for Jesus

My regular blog buddies have been doing a thing where they "tag" a blog who is then supposed to list five reason why they dig Jesus, then tag 5 others to do the same.

The problem with this is those who are some of the last to be tagged, are limited in who is left to tag from their usual blog group. I don't know if I can retag someone, or even who has already been tagged. A few people I am blogging buddies with wouldn't appreciate what they would perceive as "blog spam", others have different views about religion. Again, they might not appreciate being tagged.

I'm awaiting some official ruling as to what can be done. Until then, here are my "Five Reasons I Dig Jesus":

¤ He undertook incredible punishment, pain, and persecution before He died for our salvation. Too many people focus only on His death and Resurrection, and seem to ignore or pass over His suffering before that. It's easy to die, and being the Divine, Resurrection (while a miracle) is what He is. I'm more impressed and thankful that Jesus would willingly subject himself to the beatings, the kicks, the punches, carrying the cross, the crown of thorns, the nailing, the spear thrust, the bitter water for me. I fancy I would be able to die for my loved ones, but I don't know if i could willingly withstand torture.

¤ His forgiveness. Jesus forgave those who tortured him, those who reviled and spat upon him. He forgives me. How cool is that?

¤ Jesus was a carpenter. He worked with his hands. In carpentry, you sometimes need a gentle touch, sometimes a forceful touch, always with precision, in order to build something worthwhile and sturdy. You see this in other aspects of His life in the Bible, too.

¤ Jesus was not afraid to stand up for what is right. He faced down angry mobs intent on stoning a prostitute. He stood up to, and threw out, the moneychangers in the temple. He even stood up to Satan on the mountaintop.

¤ Jesus was a great story teller. Sure, now we call them parables, but He told stories that entertained, not bored, all while getting his message across.

So, there you have my five.

Until I learn more about the rules of tagging, I'll just tag one person for now ...

Tekphreak

1 comment:

Doug E. Pudge said...

Raivynn, the blogfather has ruled. You can tag someone who has been previously tagged! Have fun and I love your list. B4T